Friday, July 10, 2009

Friday Fun Stuff

It seemed kinda busy today. I had lunch with some friends today. I dropped the boys off at my parents' house, where they are spending the night. Kevin took his car in for service. They are keeping it until tomorrow, so after lunch, I went to pick him up. We came home long enough for me to start falling asleep on the couch. I was really tired, because I was up early today-at 8:00-as I needed to be in San Ramon to meet my friends, by 10:00 am. Kevin and I went to PF Changs for dinner, to help me wake up. I love their curried veggies and their shrimp and candied walnuts. Yum. I got to go to Jo-Ann's afterward-I had a gift card to spend! We then took our loose change to Lucky, to put into the Coin Star machine. We had $320.94 in change! Awesome! The following pictures are just some things I picked up on our vacation.
We stopped at Shipwreck Beads, in Washington, on the way home. It is a really HUGE bead store. It was lots of fun. Here are some of the beads I purchased while there.
Here are some other beads I got while there. I don't really need anymore beads, but somehow, I can't refuse them.

I got this matryoshka in Alaska. I get to paint it myself! Cool huh? I also bought four others, that were already painted. Have I mentioned how much I love matryoshkas? That little wooden container, next to the matryoshka, came from Shipwreck beads. I'm going to paint it as well. I liked the shape of it. There was a store in Ketchikan that had some of these, I think the exact same shape, for sale. They were all painted in bright colors, and were so cute! I just couldn't pull the trigger on the $35 price tag, when I can paint one myself!

Word of the Day: Beautiful. Today was a perfect day. The weather was just right, and it was very bright and pretty today. You should have seen the sunset! It was so pretty!

No comments: