Friday, July 17, 2009

Food, Fun, Hair, Pincushions and Strips

It's Friday, Yay!! It was busyish around here. We were invited to some friends' house for a fun day of food and waterslide fun. I had a haircut. I got to work on sewing some of my strips together, oh and I got my new pincushion! Hope your Friday was fun too!
Here's the Rocky Road cake I made for the festivities today. I had the first piece-had to make sure it was ok for everyone to eat. It was. Doesn't it look yummy? I love marshmallows. I love nuts, and well, chocolate is a given.
Here's the waterslide that our friends have. I swear Riley would move into their house with them if he could play on this every day. He LOVED it. Quinn did too, but it was lots of fun to watch Riley. He would launch himself, from the top, to the bottom, without touching the middle. All of the kids had a great time, and I had two very tired boys tonight. We'll go back again tomorrow for a BBQ for Quinn's T-ball team. You can imagine the excitement in the boys already. Thanks Michelle, for a wonderful day.
LOOK! My new pincushion arrived! Isn't it cute? I got it from a shop on Etsy, called "Feltmates." I needed another pincushion, but have been too lazy to make myself one, even though I have the cutest pattern for one.

I got 4 strip panels sewn together. I am liking how these are looking. I have 9 more to sew. It is pretty time consuming. It's easy, as all I have to do is sew a straight line. Each strip is about 36 inches long though, and there are 6 strips in a panel, with 9 panels to go. Lots left to do. I have time tomorrow to work on them. I am anxious to get the quilt finished. Take a look at my friend Valerie's quilt, HERE.

Word for the Day: Baking. I am going to bake my red velvet brownies now, for tomorrow's BBQ. I ended up making the rocky road cake for today. After that, I will read some of my Sookie Stackhouse book. I really like the way the author writes, and the story is very interesting to me. More so then Twilight...I know, GASP! I said it out loud! This book is for adults. I like that.

No comments: