Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Wednesday, Only Slightly Better than Yesterday

Well, we had electricity today. Thank goodness. It didn't come on until 11:50 pm last night! We were without power for 16 hours! It sucked. I thought today would be better. We had power, that was a plus, but it was a busy, busy day-packing, laundry, cleaning, more laundry, etc. I had to play catch up from yesterday. First thing I had to do though, was clear out the fridge of spoiled, or possibly spoiled, items from the power outage. While we were taking things to the garbage can, our elderly cat got into the house and promptly peed-IN MY PILE OF VACATION PACKING! I could have killed him. Of course, I didn't realize this until I was packing the car, to take the items to my parents' house, to put into the RV, and I put my hand in it! Did I mention that we are leaving tomorrow for a big RV trip? I had to rewash a sleeping bag, and I had to wipe down books and bags that he got, and scrub the floor, not to mention, wash my hands. There is nothing worse than cat pee. Ew.
Backpacks for two boys, filled with their prized goodies, ready to go tomorrow.
My girl is ready to go too! I decided to take her along so that I can take some pictures of her in far off places! She's sporting a new Barbie sweater. Do you like? She really needs a name. Any ideas? I should have a contest to pick a name for her.
Quinn had fun with the cardboard from Kevin's new computer. It's a giant phone. He's saying, "HELLO!"

Now it's hair. Lovely.

Word of the Day: Packed. Everything is ready to go for tomorrow. We are leaving around noon, and should make it to California City (middle of nowhere) tomorrow night. Our first destination is Texas, where we will visit family, for a few days. If you follow me on Facebook (Julie Crossman), you can join in the fun, when I play, "Where in the World is Julie Crossman?" It's fun! Come along! I will post all about our adventures, so stay tuned. I'll see you tomorrow from California City!

No comments: