Thursday, July 16, 2009

Just Another Thursday

It was another hang-around-the-house day. The boys played Star Wars Monopoly, the Wii, played with Legos, played outside etc. I sewed. I finished a project, and now I am free to finish my Quilt-A-Long quilt. I am dying to sew all of those strips together.
Quinn came into the kitchen this morning, saying his leg was broken, and wanted me to take a picture of him. Nothing to worry about. This is the pad for Riley's sleeping bag.
Two minutes later...his arm was broken. Playing with this mat erased the memories of his toothfairy visit last night. It seems the toothfairy did not leave him $1,000.00. She left him $5.00. Times are tough.
I got two new cases for my iPhone. This one, which I love, and a metallic orange one. I still have my Paul Frank monkey one, but it's gotten loose. I am in the process of an experiment right now. I put it in warm, soapy water, then into cold water. Now it is air-drying. I am hoping it will shrink up a little, so it fits snuggly.
Here's the bag I finished. It's a birthday present for the teacher my mom works with. I am hoping she doesn't read this blog regularly, as she won't get this bag until Monday. I love the material. Super cute.

Closer look.

Word of the Day: Target. I made a trip to Target today. I found a red velvet cake mix! I had checked three grocery stores for it. Wouldn't you know that Target would have it? I am making red velvet brownies with it, for a BBQ we are going to on Saturday. Anyway, I went in search of a bathing suit for Riley. Both of my Targets were out. Bummer. I found one for $7.50 at the good Walmart. Oh, and I also picked up the soundtrack for Slumdog Millionaire. We watched that last night. What a great movie, and I really loved the music.

By the way, Coraline comes out on DVD on Tuesday! I am so excited!

3 comments:

Zack Attack said...

I now know what your bringing to the BBQ. I cant wait to try all of them. No surprising me!

Valerie said...

Where did you get that iPhone case??? I MUST HAVE ONE! Love it!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey..where did you get that Iphone case cover??

Facebook me..