Monday, July 20, 2009

Texting 101

Day 2 of no Riley in the house. Quinn actually wanted to go out. He wanted to get some plastic sleeves to put his Pokemon cards. Since we were up and dressed, we went to the newer Nordstrom Rack in East Palo Alto, before getting his sleeves. It's a nice store. I saw some shoes I really liked, but I...you won't believe this...TALKED MYSELF OUT OF THEM! They were really cute. Tennis shoe slip ons-no laces, by Ed Hardy. $49.90! I'm pacing myself, as I am going to the Mall of America this summer. Quinn was chomping at the bit to go, so I didn't get to try on any clothes. Oh well, one day, before summer ends, I'll go back, without children.
Look what I found at Target today! I'm going to brush up on my texting shorthand. Isn't it cool? I feel so hip. BWDIK (but what do I know?) Hylarious. CSL (can't stop laughing.)
Can you see some of the text phrases? Kind of blurry I know, but I wanted to give you the 411, FAWC (for anyone who cares). This was $.50 well spent. Oh, and by the way, Target carries the sleeves for Pokemon cards. Michael's didn't have any. The hobby store did, but I could have saved myself the extra stop, if I'd only gone to Target first.
Here are the sleeves Quinn got. They fit 9 cards-well 18, if you use both sides. The fit into a binder. Quinn picked out a "Rockband" binder. He put the cards in all by himself. He's still not finished, but worked on it off and on, all afternoon. EZ (easy).
Oh, I took this picture the other day. Quinn had lined up all of his Galactic Heroes and their vehicles. He has my organizational skills. He's a QT (cutie).


Here they are again. ZZZ? (tired, bored).

Word for the Day: Packing. I have packed for both Quinn and I, for our Disneyland trip. Quinn's actually going to spend the night with my parents tomorrow night, because Kevin and I are going to the Mountain Winery, to see The Donnas, Blondie, and Pat Benatar. I'll pick Quinn up first thing Wednesday morning, and we'll be on the road to Disneyland. OAO (over and out.)

No comments: