Monday, April 19, 2010

Monkey Business

Happy Monday! It was mostly a very pleasant day. We are getting a ton of stuff done at school, and we are preparing for our state testing. I really feel these kids are ready. We've been practicing all of the math problems that normally frustrate me during the test, and they are breezing through them. Here's an example: 3+2__7 They have to pick the answer that makes this true. Here are the choices: A) = B) > C) < D)+. I watch in utter horror as students choose A) =. It makes me want to bash my head against the wall. We have practiced a bunch of them, and they have done really well. The true test (ha) will be the test! I have faith in them though. I know they can do it.


I finished the sock monkey I was working on. It's a Lakers inspired monkey, made for a friend, for her friend's birthday. I'm not sure I like the nose-of the monkey, I've never met my friend's friend. These socks were a pain to work with too, by the way. They were very stretchy, and hard to stuff. He looks a little lumpy in parts. Oh well, authentic handmade.

There are only 7 Mondays for me to teach! 42 school days until summer, and 58 days until we see U2!!

No comments: