Thursday, April 1, 2010

Talent Preview and Halves

I am officially on Spring Break! Yay! I can't believe how tired I am. Oh well, a week and a day off will be good therapy. Sorry for the lack of a post yesterday. Again, I was asleep on the couch.
Quinn and his buddies had talent show practice yesterday. I was amazed at how they were able to keep their act "top secret." They were a hit. This is a picture of the beginning of their act. They are doing a dance to a medley of Michael Jackson songs. It's so funny.
I received this today, as an Easter present from one of my students. Yes, you are looking at half a cookie and a lollipop. No, I didn't eat the other half and then decide to take the picture. This is exactly as I received it. Half a cookie. I have no idea what happened to the other half. Perhaps her sister shared that half with her teacher? I thanked her profusely for the half of cookie I received.

Half was definitely the theme for today. Not only did I get half of a cookie, I also got half of a spelling test. I held it up, next to a full size one and told the student that part of her test seemed to be missing. She claimed she had no idea where that half went. She obviously trimmed it, at the last word. You can't say that my job is boring. Never a dull day, and sometimes, there's just too much excitement. Oh the things I wish I could tell you. I really should write a book.

No comments: