Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day!

Happy Father's Day all you dads out there! I hope my students' dads liked their presents. I think they turned out really cute. They were frames wrapped in maps. I didn't take a picture, but they were cute. The kids glued a picture of themselves in the center of the frame. Anyway, Riley left for Disneyland this morning. Kevin and Quinn and I went to Kevin's parents' house for a BBQ. We had "juicy lucy hamburgers." Kevin watched an episode of Man Vs. Food, and he had one, so Kevin wanted to try them. It's two hamburger patties with cheese in the middle. You BBQ them so the cheese gets all melty inside. I have to admit they did not suck. We also had Spam appetizers. I never thought I would ever eat Spam again. Ever. NOT ever. I did, and again, it didn't suck. My FIL put them on the BBQ-they were skewered with peppers and pineapple, and were pretty good. We all ate way too much. When we got home, I napped on the couch. I think I am still exhausted from school. It may take a few days to get rid of the exhaustion.
Here's Quinn's "happy" lunch. He doesn't eat much in the way of bread (I have no idea WHY), so he has all of his burgers and hot dogs, minus the bun. He ate all of this! Pretty good for Mr. Picky Eater.
Yo! 'sup all?

I cross stitched this little owl tonight. It's from a book I got from one of my students. Isn't it so cute? I am thinking I will sew some fabric around it and make a wall hanging or something.

Tomorrow is Monday and I don't have to work!! Quinn and I are going to The Jungle where parents play for free. We will also have some frozen yogurt. I have both boys hooked on frozen yogurt.

No comments: