Monday, December 21, 2009

First Day of Winter Break

It was nice to not have to go to work today. I was up early, making sure Maya went potty and had her breakfast. I decided since I was up early, I would go to the lab to have my blood drawn for the cholesterol test my doctor ordered in October. I don't like having by blood taken. I used to pass out, but I can sit up now. I don't look though. I am very proud of myself, because not only did I sit up, but I let a new guy take blood from me! Actually he did a great job, hardly felt the stick at all! Glad that's over though.
I made these today, chocolate dipped candy canes. I also managed to walk Maya around the lake (a 2 mile walk), with my mom. Maya was intrigued by the ducks, geese, squirrels, other dogs, people, and duck/goose poop. It was quite a long walk for her, but she did really well. The boys never got dressed today.

I'm not sure if I showed you this. This is one of the ornaments I made for the swap I participated in. I made two that looked like this one, and two that were the wing color (reversed.) I used the same idea for my crafty night, but without the hanging beads.

Word of the Day: Crate. Maya is not a fan. She slept with us again last night. I know. We should have stuck to our guns, but if you could have heard her! I'm sure the neighbors did, and we didn't want her to wake up Riley (on the other side of the wall from where she was). She did travel in the crate to the lake today, and she snoozed in it while we ate dinner (and was inside, with the door closed, for 20 minutes, without complaining). I am hoping she'll do better in it tonight. I'm so tired that I think I could sleep through all of her fussing-barking, howling, whining, thrashing around, scratching at the sides.

Totally unrelated, but if you would like to see pictures of my Christmas decorations, go HERE.

No comments: