Friday, December 4, 2009

Some Kits and Some Kid Art

Happy Friday everyone! I just love a Friday. The whole weekend out in front of me! Bliss.
Michael's is carrying this line of American Girl craft kits. There are some really cute things! There are bigger kits, and medium sized kits, and these small kits. Reasonable prices. I bought a big craft set for my BFF's daughter for Christmas. I bought these two little sets for me. I love owls. Look how cute that iPod holder is. The other one is little pins, made of felt. Aren't they super cute? I love the one with the deer on it-it's blue. Once I get a spare moment, I am going to make these things.
I ordered this kit from My Paper Crane. Soooooo cute! I can't wait to make them!
These were done by my students this week. I love this project. They always turn out so beautiful, and the kids love doing them. It involves coloring with permanent markers. It takes awhile to do, but it's worth it.
It's a sheet of transparency, in which the students have traced and colored over a pattern. Behind that we crinkled aluminum foil. I tape those pieces to the round frame, and to each other, and then glue a solid piece of black paper to the back.

This one's my favorite. Such dark coloring. I love it, and see how it sparkles.

Word of the Day: Anniversary. It's my parents' 44th anniversary today. Happy Anniversary!

2 comments:

I am Julie said...

Is that above person really spamming my blog? Weird.

Raque S said...

Don gets those spammers all the time. ANNOYING!

What kind of glue do you use for projects like the little felt kit you ordered? I ordered one too, sooooo cute!