Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Hi, It's Me Again

House clean(ish), baking done, groceries bought (after only two trips), dog played with, kids filled with the anticipation and excitement of Christmas. We were home again all day-well, I did go out this evening. I didn't need anything, just wanted to get out of the house and let this little dog bond with someone else. She's glued to me if I am home. I like it, don't get me wrong, but I also want her to love the boys. Anyway, we had friends over this afternoon, to exchange kid presents. The boys opened the first of what will seem like a bajillion presents this Christmas season. Both were thrilled with their gifts.
These are the presents for our visitors. The blue present is an American Girl craft set, and a smaller AG craft set. The red dotted present is a small Lego airplane and a make-your-own-bouncy-ball set. All items were well received.
Quinn got a Stomp Rocket, and a Blendy Paints set, which he promptly got to work on.
Nice dinosaur Quinn!
Riley got a Lego set, which he promptly got to working on. No Legos stay in their boxes long around here.

Happy to build with new Legos! The finished product is currently sitting on our coffee table.

Word of the Day: Empty. I went to Ikea this evening-about 7:00, and I tell you it was EMPTY. I loved it! Usually you have to weed through all of the people, but tonight, it was great. I guess nobody wants to buy anyone anything from Ikea for Christmas? Note to self: Go to Ikea two days before Christmas. Also surprisingly empty, Michael's. I guess everyone has their projects finished already. I went for supplies to make a pom pom wreath, for next year. Not so empty tonight, Target. It was fairly crowded, and the parking lot was a mess. I watched as brand new parents loaded their newborn into a shopping cart, in the middle of the parking lot, in the dark, right behind an SUV that was halfway backed out of its stall. I pointed this out to the new parents. They were surprised. Dumbasses. Sorry that's not very Christmas-sy. Merry Dumbasses. Better?

1 comment:

Raque S said...

we went to ikea (emeryville) at about 7 last night and it was empty too. the best time to shop!