Saturday, March 13, 2010

Are You Ready For Some BASEBALL?

We had Opening Day for Quinn's baseball season today. It was a beautiful day! A little on the coldish side, but beautiful. It was a nice ceremony. We had a senior team that went all the way to the Little League World Series, in Bangor, Maine, last summer. They got pretty far, but didn't win, but it sounds like it was an awesome ride.
This year's logo. Cool huh?
The hills are alive...and GREEN!
Our happy baseball player! He's a Hot Rod this season.
Baseball players galore.

This picture has nothing to do with baseball, but it's super cute. Once we got home from the ceremony, we hung around the house. Riley went to a birthday party, so Kevin and Quinn took Maya for a walk. Quinn came out of his room with his little note book. His plan was to draw stuff on the walk. Here he's drawing some flowers. He also drew a letter, the words "tap, tap, tap,"a flower, a tetherball and pole, and more flowers. They also stopped at a garage sale and bought me two clear plates, so I can make some more serving pieces. Sweet huh?

It's been pretty exciting around here. My face swelled to balloon status last night-no idea why, except it was day 3 of no allergy meds, and I could be allergic to margaritas. I can't wait for my skin test on Wednesday. I took a Benadryl last night which knocked me out on the couch for three hours. I took one this morning, and when we got back from Opening Day, I slept for some time, on the couch. I'll take another tomorrow-first baseball game of the season, and afterwards, I'll probably have to sleep it off. I hate Benadryl, but it's all I can have. Oh, and the best news is that Quinn lost another tooth tonight, at Texas Roadhouse, not chewing his steak, but while eating one of their soft, yummy rolls. He had been complaining that the tooth hurt, all day. When it came out, we noticed it has this really pointy, dagger-like part on it. No wonder it hurt! He's anxiously awaiting the tooth fairy.

Don't forget to set your clocks ahead tonight. You wouldn't want to miss out on the one hour less of sleep!

No comments: