Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Finally, Wednesday!

I didn't think I would make it to today. My allergies were kicking my butt. I went in for my skin test this morning, bright and early. It was easy, and it didn't hurt at all. The nurse drew a grid on my back, and poked me 43 times, with a little plastic point with serum on it. She then set a timer for 20 minutes, but most reacted immediately. The worst part was that it itched like hell, and I couldn't scratch. After the 20 minutes, she used a needle and retested me on cats, dogs, and one other dust mite. No allergy to cats and dogs, at all. I took my allergy pill when I was finished, and waited to see the doctor.
Here's my "list." The doctor said 1's and 2's mean no allergy. 3 is positive for an allergy, and 4's are the highest. I had some 4+, and one 4+++(Russian thistle), several 4++. I am allergic to dust mites (both varieties)-hey, does that mean I can get a house cleaner??? I am allergic to many trees, grasses, and almost all of the pollens-that was my biggest problem area. In fact the doctor asked if I was born and raised in CA. My allergies are consistent with allergies that someone would have if they weren't born here. So for now, I continue with my regular meds. He added a nose spray to clear out those pesky pollens. I need to get an air purifier, and sleep with the windows closed. If this doesn't work, then it's allergy shots for me.
I was out the door by 10 am, so I went to Target to get some Easter items for the boys, and some nasal spray, and back up allergy pills. I also went to Borders where I got this book. It's so pretty. Almost as pretty as the movie.

The fat boys. Love them!

I'm feeling much better already. Still a little itchy. I've had two allergy pills today, and I slept from noon until Riley got home at 2:45, and then again until 4:30! I think the Benadryl the nurse put on my back this morning, to relieve the itching, knocked me out. I have to say that I feel rested now. Oh and I got my report cards done. I was pretty productive!

Oh and I did have the nurse take a picture of my back, with the reactions to the serums, but it's pretty gross for the blog or facebook.

No comments: