Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Rain, Rain, GO AWAY!

I think Mother Nature is going crazy on California. Perhaps she's just trying to get noticed amongst all of this hoopla about the state budget. We had rain, wind, rain, cold, rain, hail, rain, thunder, rain, lightening, rain, oh and even an earthquake, today. I guess Mother Nature is asking, "What does a girl have to do around here to get noticed?" I noticed-well maybe not the earthquake. I didn't feel it, but around that time, my classroom made a loud creaky noise. I sure noticed the rain. It was constant, and wet.

I have to say, "I.Am.Sick.Of.The.Rain." We are not parking in our parking lot at school this week, as a demonstration to the budget cuts. Worst week ever to quit parking in the lot. I personally think it's stupid, and I don't think any parents have even noticed the nearly empty lot. Yesterday it was pouring rain when I got to school. I couldn't find a place to park, so I parked in my spot in the lot. Got a text asking where I parked my car. I moved said car. Again, I think it is stupid. It's only irritating the teachers. It was raining again this morning, when I "hiked" to school. It was raining on my yard duty yesterday-ever try to get a bunch of kids OFF of the playground, in the rain, when they have been released to play? Not fun, and not dry. So, yes, I am pissy. I am sick of the rain. The only plus is that my rainboots are getting A LOT of wear! They make me happy when I look at my feet, through the driving rain. I think it is supposed to be clear tomorrow, which is good as we are rallying for Stand Up For Schools, at 3:00 pm. I am hoping to just wear regular shoes.

Kevin and I went to the Junior High tonight, for a parent meeting. Riley will be a 7th grader in the fall. I guess I feel better about it. It was comforting to see the teachers, who seemed normal, and who seemed to enjoy their job and their students. Some of the classrooms were even nice, while some (many of the Math classes) were boring as hell. So I guess I feel better about it. I don't know. I just feel weird. I can't pinpoint it. Just weird. Maybe it's the rain.

No comments: