Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Not Baseball

Did you miss me yesterday? Yeah, I had a lousy day. I thought I would spare you my crummy mood, and the details of what transpired. Plus I couldn't blog last night if I had wanted to, because we lost power (yes again) for two hours. Most of the city of Fremont was blacked out last night. It was the last straw in my suck-ass day. I don't know. I've been feeling really used these days. I love my job. I love my students. I work hard to establish a rapport with my students and their parents. I go above and beyond the call of duty for my students. I know who they are as people. I know what makes them tick. I love them. I hate it when I feel like I am being taken for granted. I've felt that way a lot lately, and with all of the changes in CA education soon approaching, I am at my limit. I've had it. I am the teacher of 20 students, not one. They all deserve my time and energy. I have not devoted my time and energy to all of my students. That stopped today. I made some adjustments that will work better for all of my students, and for me. I feel better. I will not be railroaded. I am not an idiot. Enough said.
The weather was beautiful today. It's been beautiful for several days. The boys played outside. I had wanted to get a picture of the boys and the dog, but Quinn had another vision. Weird. Well, nobody can say that he's not his own person. Oh look! I let my kids go outside in their sock feet. Perhaps that's how the holes get there. Perhaps I need to adjust that.
He's so darn cute, this one. That's his Pokeball. I have no idea what it's supposed to do, but it goes outside with Quinn frequently. Can you see his shirt? Looks like he's wearing a tie. I love it.
Pokemon! Gotta catch 'em all! How on EARTH do I know that?
Riley got a few achievement awards at Scouts last night. One for fingerprinting and one for CPR. I feel better knowing if I choke, he can save my life, and if I kill someone, he can fingerprint me appropriately. Ha ha. I crack myself up.

LOOK! Arden got new hair! It's a wig. Can you even tell it's pink and white? I love her. She needs a sister. I'm searching ebay for one. I'm thinking it would be a fine Mother's Day present for me. What do you think? Does this doll scare you? Quinn says she creepy. She's not. She's darn hip and cute. I would take her everywhere with me if people wouldn't look at me funny.

Oh, and we did have baseball last night. They played the Lugnuts and tied the game with 11 runs each. Quinn got TWO hits, and he even scored run #8 (when it was 7-7), and he made an awesome throw as pitcher, to first base, and got the runner out. Awesome!! Next game Saturday. I know you can't wait.

1 comment:

blondeee64 said...

J and I just watched Night Gallery...the one with the Doll...creepy! I'm just sayin'