Monday, March 15, 2010

Someone Around Here Is 12!

12 years ago today, I went into labor with Riley, and 11 1/2 hours later, he was born. I can remember his birth vividly, right down to the janitors watching from the hallway-I SWEAR the janitors were present, because I was going to complain, but then I thought, "ah hell, who cares, just get this baby out." It was the most incredible moment of my life. He was perfect. They put him in my arms and all I could do was smile and talk to him. It was unbelievable, and about 20 minutes later I stated that I could do that again, but minus the stupid stadol that time. He was a good baby immediately. I had to wake him up to feed him. He slept through the night at 7 weeks old. In fact, he slept so much, I got my whole house painted and stenciled (that was quite fashionable 12 years ago). He's been a joy. He's quiet, kind, sensitive, and caring. He's a rule follower, interested in geography, history and science. He's an excellent student. I love this boy to pieces. Happy birthday, Riley. Next stop...13 (OMG, I can't even THINK about that right now).
Ta DAAAA! The honorary front seat! He was psyched I tell you.
Look at how cute he is. I think the girls will be calling soon. He's just as sweet as he looks too. Not a mean bone (except to his brother) in his body.
We went to BJ's Brewhouse for dinner. He got two Lego sets, a DS game, a Nerf gun and Target, and gift cards. Not too bad.
While they don't sing for birthdays, they did bring Riley a giant cookie with ice cream. I think Quinn actually ate more of it than Riley.

I am loving this new app-WeeMee. I made Riley, on his birthday.
Happy Birthday, Riley! I love you very much!


I have almost made it to Wednesday. I am so looking forward to my skin test. It's got to be an improvement over the hell I've been in since last Wednesday. I am staying home tomorrow. Today, someone was wearing perfume or lotion (neither of which have ever bothered me before), but it set me off this morning. My eyes were itchy and watery, and my nose itched all day. In fact ALL of me itched all day. I still itch. My face is swollen even as I type (yes again), and my left eye is a little swollen. I'm really upset by it all. I better come out of there Wednesday with a mile long list of everything I am allergic to. I NEVER want to be without medication again. Anyway, I figured I was familiar to my home surroundings, so I am staying here. I've got those report card things to do anyway. May as well use the time, and the peace and quiet, to hammer those out.

No comments: