Thursday, March 11, 2010

Art, Beads and Puzzles

Day 2 of no allergy meds. I am feeling pretty miserable. I've even resorted to using my icky eye ointment, because that's the only thing I can have until Wed. The ointment is like putting Vaseline on your eyelids, and you can imagine how lovely it looks. I have to tell you though, it WORKS! My right eye is no longer itchy. My nose won't stop running, and I feel all stuffy. I just can't wait until Saturday and Sunday, when I'll spend both days, at the baseball field, in NATURE. I seriously need a giant hamster ball. Anyway, let's check out the goings on around here today...
Quinn came home with this chameleon art today. It's green...
It's purple! Cool huh? I believe it's two of the same picture, colored different colors. Then each picture was cut into strips and the pieces glued, in alternating order. The last step would be to accordion fold the background paper-or perhaps this was done first and the pieces glued to the already folded paper? Anyway, I like the effect, and I think I will ask his teacher for the directions, for sure.
While Quinn was at baseball practice, I went to the bead shop. I love Kiowa Rose, in Niles, and since Quinn was practicing in a park over there, I had time (and an excuse) to visit.
I am working on a new "World's Smallest 1,000 Piece Puzzle."

Quinn and I built this 300 piece puzzle together, tonight. It's really big-or maybe it's just the regular puzzle size, but seems ginormous to me because I've been working these teeny puzzles lately.

Super excited for Celebrity Apprentice on Sunday.

1 comment:

6 Girls' Mom said...

I wanted to let you know that I really enjoy reading your blog. I start every morning that way, and would comment more often, but I am usually on my phone, and can't figure out how. I look forward to reading about your new adventures and seeing your new projects! Good luck with the allergies, wish I had some advice to offer.