Wednesday, September 2, 2009

First Day of School 2009

Back to school we went! Today was the boys' first day of school, and mine as well. Riley started 6th grade, and Quinn started 2nd grade. I still can't wrap my head around those grades! How did they get so OLD? Anyway, I digress. Both boys had great first days. They were very excited about their teachers and classmates. I had an excellent day as well. I have a really sweet class! I love them already.
Here are the boys, and their supplies, this morning, at school. I didn't plan that they would both wear guitar shirts, it just worked out that way.
My class was busy. They made school houses, and did a little writing. You should see the nice printing! Look at how colorful they are too.

This was my homework. It's finished. The beginning of the year is always crazy with the paperwork that needs to be filled out and returned to school.

Word of the Day: Wicked. I am a crazy person. All four of us are going to see "Wicked" tonight. When I got the tickets, the best seats came up for tonight's show, so I bought them. I forgot that I may be exhausted (the boys too), and that I would have a mountain of paperwork. We had early release today, and the boys did too, so I left work on the early side, picked up Quinn (Riley was already home), and went home to get my "homework" done. Now it's finished, and we have rested, so we should be good to go! Quinn is super excited. He is the reason we are all going. I've already seen it 3 times (two times here in SF), but Quinn mentions, every time he sees the commercials on TV, that he wants "to see that." I hope they all like it! I LOVE it.

No comments: