Monday, September 28, 2009

Scouting Court of Honor

What a pleasant Monday I had. The kids were awesome all day-very few interruptions. We even had an assembly right smack in the middle of our busy Monday Reading morning. We were able to get right back on track, and other than the math, I got through my lesson plan-mostly. I came home from school on the early side. Plenty of time to fight-er, HELP, Quinn with his homework. He would much rather tell me a jillion stories, then get his homework finished. He's quite social. I have absolutely NO CLUE where he picked up that trait. Hmmm. Big mystery on my hands. Anywhoooo, upon completion of the homework, I closed my eyes for a few, on the couch, and soon was fast asleep. Had to get up though, because it was the Court of Honor for the Boy Scouts. Off we went, with our "cultural dish" and finger food. Since we don't identify with one particular culture, as we are a blend of several countries: Germany, England, Ireland, Poland, Italy, we opted to take PB&J sandwiches as our "cultural entree." It was a hit, even with the big boys! We came home with one half of a sandwich which we quickly bagged for Quinn's lunch tomorrow.
Here's Riley and Kevin and some other Boy Scouts, getting some achievement awards.
Riley's scouting loot. He's now the librarian for his patrol. Boy Scouts is cool in that the meetings are all boy run. The boys do everything. It's really building Riley's leadership skills. Tomorrow night is Cub Scout night, for Quinn.

Word of the Day: COLD! OMG, it was COLD today! I got to wear a SWEATSHIRT! Tomorrow promises to be even colder! Yessssssss!

1 comment:

mesogoofy2 said...

Ha! that's coach steve kay in the picture for the scouts! He was christian's baseball coach for two years!