Thursday, September 3, 2009

Wicked, Again!

Kevin and I took the boys to see Wicked last night. The area of town where this particular theater is located, is not the best one around. I wouldn't say it's dangerous or anything, at least not at this corner. There are just a lot of homeless in the area-it's close to city hall. I doubt that many of them are dangerous. I guess it's just a comfort level thing. I think we would have felt more comfortable, if we didn't have two small kids with us. Nobody even seemed to notice us though. We were way early, so we went to Carl's Jr. for shakes. It was very interesting. Lots of homeless, and the bathrooms were locked, and we smelled pot, and people just kept coming in, some to eat, and some to sit. It was just different. We live in the suburbs. Also I think Kevin and I are a little intimidated by the homeless because we had a bad experience with a crazy homeless guy, when we were dating. It ended with Kevin bleeding, and being taken to the ER, and me following two nice guys to that ER-the police took Kevin to the ER. Not a fun night. Ever since then, we have been wary. Anyway, the show was EXCELLENT, as it was the previous times, and everyone liked it, and nobody fell asleep during it! Although it would have been better if the guy next to Kevin had fallen asleep, instead of crinkling his bag of Skittles for the first 30 minutes of the show! Irritating! Those of you that know me, know that I am ultra sensitive to weird noises. I don't even like the sound I am making now, with the keys on my computer's keyboard!
I think I have posted this picture before. I've taken this same shot every time. I love this big poster.

Here's something new! The BOYS in front of the sign! Oh look, and they even wore their green jackets in solidarity with Elphaba!

Word of the Day: Sleepy. I almost forgot to post this as I was falling asleep on the couch, during Big Brother. We got home at 11:43 pm, and I was too wired to go directly to bed. The boys slept on the way home, and went right to sleep. I think I'll sleep on the couch now though!

No comments: