Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Crafting on Wednesday

I almost forgot to post tonight! Kevin and I watched Sunshine Cleaning, so I was distracted. It was a very good movie. It was a lot sadder than I thought it would be, but also some pretty funny parts. I would highly recommend it. Anyway, today was better. I got a half smile today, and a mini conversation. Progress. When I got home from work, I decided I felt like making some scrabble tile pendants. Homework was done, kids were fed, so I hit my craft room.
Diamond Glaze is one of my best friends. This stuff is awesome. It makes a great, strong glue, but it also dries clear and shiny. I gave these pendants three coats of it. Oh, and the big one you see is a domino. You can also see my most important tool-a toothpick. Very technical.
Scrabble tiles embellished with scrapbook paper.

I love the domino. I just have to find a long bead to use as the bale. I also made a flower pin, and underneath that is a magnet. It's a cupcake inside, but it's hard to see due to the glare from the flat marble. I have this new cupcake punch (Martha Stewart from Walmart). I was having some fun with that punch tonight too, but I didn't like my end product so much-bad choice in sealer. I need a spray sealer.

Word of the Day: Lockdown. The high school in Newark was locked down today for hours. It seems some teenagers were looking like they were up to no good. Someone called the police. When they showed up, the kids scattered, onto the school grounds. One boy was detained-he didn't go to that school, but he had a gun. Kids and teachers were locked down for hours. I was over that way at almost 4pm and the streets were still closed, and people were still locked down. I wanted to go to Macy's, but that's where the parents of the students were parked. What a mess. I am just happy that nobody was hurt. Boy are these scary times. Crazy huh?

2 comments:

Raque S said...

julie those pendants are darling!

Sheri said...

Julie...I want a Diamond Glaze lesson....pleeessseeee.....