Tuesday, October 20, 2009

I Get Knocked Down

Another busy week. Yesterday was Riley's checkup for his tooth extraction. It's healed up nicely. He's still not eating much which requires chewing, but it's getting better. After that, we headed to the Hello Kitty store for a girl birthday present. On the way, it POURED rain. Today I had a SSC meeting at my school, then home to clean for the baby shower I am hosting tomorrow for a colleague. Union meeting Thursday, and sleep on Friday. Sorry this blog just isn't that exciting. We do have some fun plans this weekend, so stay tuned. It gets better.
Quinn and his big hands. He gets...
knocked down, but...

He gets up again. He was twirling all around his floor with these hands.

Word of the Day: Math. My math lesson today (from the book), was on math naming boxes. You have a box. In the top left corner, you label it with a number. The rest of the box you fill with ways to show that number. It can be words, pictures, numbers, math problems, etc. We were working on the number 12. Showing all the ways we could name 12. One of my boys came up with 100,000-99,988. Do the math, it equals 12. Awesome huh? Second grade! I must be an amazing math teacher....JUST kidding! One of the boys had done 60-48, and then someone else had done 80-68, and I pointed out the pattern: first number ending in zero and second number ending in 8. From that, my one boy came up with the giant problem. Great thinking!

No comments: