Monday, October 26, 2009

Ornament Swap

I am participating in an ornament swap! I did it last year, and it was lots of fun. Go HERE to read all about it. Basically, there are 5 girls in my group (and I am assuming in the other groups as well). We make the same ornament for our group-mates, and mail them. Soon we will all have 4 or 5 (depending on if you make yourself one too) new, handmade ornaments! Tons of fun! Here's a glimpse of what I made for last year's swap...
I used these little churches last year, and I made...
These! I loved them. I'm hoping the girls in my group loved them as well, even if they were a little messy with the glitter and all. Don't tell my mom about the glitter though. She hates it.

Here's a close up! OMG, I can't WAIT for Christmas!! I'm wondering if I can pull off a craft a day, or a craft a week on this blog? Let me think about that. Could be interesting. Any thoughts?

Word of the Day: Orthodontist. Riley had the first of four ortho appointments today. We saw our friends there too! Anyway, he has a spacer between his last molars. They would have put one on the other side, but the tooth next to it is just hanging by a thread. Riley is supposed to wiggle it and get it out tonight, or else the Dr. will pull it tomorrow. He's not wiggling it though. Poor Riley and his teeth pulling! He's already had 7 removed by dentists, and now this one. He tried gum (and we don't do gum), he tried Swedish Fish. He had hard crusted pizza for dinner. It's still in. Well, it won't be tomorrow. So he has impressions done tomorrow morning. He'll be late to school. Next week they will begin putting in the mechanics-an expander, and some braces on his top teeth only. He's a little anxious about it, but hell what ISN'T he anxious about. I swear he thinks these dentists are going to kill him or something. I guess it's just the unknown, and I know I had my worries as a kid (killer bees), so perhaps he comes by it naturally.

No comments: