Sunday, October 11, 2009

Pinning a Quilt, Shopping Niles and the Ghost House

What a busy and full Sunday! We went to Kevin's parents' house this morning, so that my MIL and I could get my quilt ready for quilting. We came home, and then I did a little shopping in Niles. While I was gone, Riley got home from camping-he had fun. After Riley took a quick shower (he stunk), we all headed to dinner and the Ghost House.
See all of the pins? There's all kinds of them. 9 in every block, and 30 blocks. 270 pins! Wow, thanks Donna for helping me pin.
Here's the back of my quilt. I plan on starting the quilting on Wednesday, when I am home with Riley. Wednesday is the big day for Riley's teeth. He has that weird, extra one removed, as well as the last two baby teeth. Later this month we start the 4 appointments for the orthodontics. He has to have a spacer thing put in, and he'll have some kind of crazy headgear to wear at night. He'll also get braces on the top teeth. It will take 4 appointments to get it all done.
This is the Niles sign on the hill in front of the little town area. Lots of cute little antique shops, collectible shops, and a few restaurants-oh and a bar where lots of Harley Davidson folks hang out. Charlie Chaplin made this area of Fremont famous. He filmed many of his silent movies here. There's a little theatre that plays some of the movies.
The Ghost House. The Candlelighter's put this on every year. We went through, with a Good Fairy. If you go with a Good Fairy, nobody jumps out at you. It takes all of the fun out of it, and they practically RUN you through the thing. It sucks with a Good Fairy. The boys wouldn't go in without one. Chickens.

Looking terrified at the Ghost House.

Word of the Day: Halloween. I got some fun Halloween goodies in Niles today, at My Friends and I (Check out their blog). Perhaps I will share some pictures of those tomorrow.

No comments: