Monday, October 5, 2009

Three B's

Batting, Backing and Binding, oh my! I made my trip to Jo-Ann's today, and purchased the three items needed to finish my quilt. It was oh so exciting. The lady at the cut counter was pretty helpful. She measured the quilt top for me, and made sure I got the yardage needed to cover my quilt. Quilt batting is expensive. Luckily I had a 40% off coupon. This is $20 batting! I could have gotten $13 batting, but it wasn't soft like this stuff. I figured I would splurge. Who knows if I'll make another quilt or not. Actually, some of the battings were way more than mine, so I feel good about my decision.

The mostly black with squares is for the back. The top fabric is for the binding. I am hoping to get the quilting started this weekend. I have invited my MIL over to help. I promised to feed her, but I feel pretty confident she would come anyway. I'm really excited to have it finished.

Word of the Day: Monday. Another one down.

Oh, and I lied to you yesterday. The Half Moon Bay Pumpkin Festival is not this coming weekend. It's the following weekend. Bummer. I may be in Disneyland that weekend with some friends. Shoot. Oh well, I guess there's next year.

No comments: