Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Tooth Day

Today was the big tooth extraction day. Riley was in the chair at 7 am, and was home, by 8:30. He did really well. He was walking kind of funny when he got home, so we had him lie down on the couch. He kind of slept, but that lasted all of 15 minutes, and then he was awake, playing with his new iPod touch (thanks grandma and grandpa H), and watching endless episodes of Scooby Doo. Oh how I hate Scooby Doo, but it was his day. In the afternoon, he went with me to pick Quinn up from school, to Quinn's appointment to pick up his new glasses, to Target, and then a quick stop at my parents' house. We got milkshakes on the way home. We are all glad that today is over. I feel as if I've had my teeth out! I slept on the couch from 7:30 pm until 10:00 pm. I guess I didn't realize the stress I guess I was feeling.
Here's Riley when he first came home. Yucky guaze and all. He hated that guaze. It didn't last long. Can't say I blamed him. When I had my wisdom teeth out in high school, I too, hated the guaze. It's wet and yucky. He is also bothered by the stitches. I'm not sure how many he has, but the stitches go between his teeth. I know. Ew. He says it feels like he has popcorn in his teeth. I bet. That would drive me nuts as well.
Later in the day, feeling much better. He bought a new Lego set at Target this afternoon, blowing all of his money, and I sprang for the new Wimpy Kid book. Although he's feeling better, he's going to stay home from school tomorrow and rest some more. He has a hard time talking, and he can't eat anything that involves chewing, as he's pretty sore.
While Riley vegged out to Scooby Doo, I did this! It's a little kit, by Sublime Stitching, that makes 6 stitchable greeting cards. The picture is printed on the paper, and all I had to do was stitch over the design.

Isn't she cute? She didn't take long either. I'm going to frame her. The creator is Jenny Hart, and she has a few books, some patterns, and some other cute things.

Word of the Day: Relief. We all feel much better to have this tooth thing behind us. Riley gets a nice visit from the tooth fairy, for his extraction of 3 teeth today.

1 comment:

R.A. said...

Those cards freakin' rock.