Friday, October 9, 2009

Wackiness

Happy Friday, everyone! Another weekend on the horizon. Riley is going camping with the scouts tomorrow. He has to be at the Scout House at 6 AM! When Kevin told me, I laughed and said, "Have fun!" I am sleeping. Kevin will get up long enough to drop Riley off, and then he'll probably come back home and go back to sleep. Quinn and I will be sawing some serious logs. 6 AM! The rest of the day is undetermined. We thought we would take Quinn to the pumpkin patch, but he (so far) doesn't want to go. He was grumpy at the asking time. Keep reading, and you'll understand why.
When Quinn is happy, he's really really happy. He's the Popcorn Colonel! Get it? I know, that's corny! HA! Aw shucks! HA! Sorry to bend your ear on this. HA! Anyway, this was from last weekend, when it was his troop's turn to sell popcorn. Find yourselves a scout, because this popcorn is quite tasty! I know two boys who are selling it-popcorn.
Quinn, not so happy tonight, when he realized that Riley is going camping. Grumpy face. This was when he said he didn't want to go to the pumpkin patch. He may feel differently tomorrow.
Kevin sent me this today. That's Riley's face! It's an iFreak, from an app on his iPhone. Fun advertising for that Vampire's Assistant movie.

He sent one of me to me too! I am an iFreak. Apparently I need to shave. I look quite beastly.

Word of the Day: Manufacture. Today, my students were doing their Story Check for our reading story. The vocab page said this: You would probably manufacture something in a...
A. closet
B. kitchen
C. factory

Their answer was obviously C. factory. The other two would be an entirely different, not quite appropriate, lesson. It made me chuckle though.

No comments: