Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Piles

It seems my life consists of piles these days. At school, I have piles of papers that need filing (and no time to file them), and piles of papers already copied (and no place to put them). At home, I have the mail pile. The work and paperwork from the boys' school pile (added to the desk pile). I have shoe piles and toy piles. All of these piles. I need an assistant, or for certain members of the household to pull their own weight.
But look! I found this little guy at Jo-ann's yesterday, and he was 50% off! He's very cute, and very happy. Plus he's a pumpkin, and you know how I feel about those guys.
Pile of toys-weapons by the looks of it. I am NOT cleaning these up. Not my mess. I am happy to leave them here until the rightful owners pick them up, and moves them to some other location, that is not a bedroom, in this house.
Shoe pile. Ooops! One of those pairs is mine. The rest belong to Quinn. You know that tomorrow he'll be looking for his red crocs. I will direct him to the pile. I'm going to put mine away.
I am pretty sick of Pokemon. Do you know how often I have to remove this book from the kitchen table???

What's this? This is not a pile. It's paper for Christmas cards. Going to attempt to make my own this year. I have some ideas running around my head, and lots of time to work on them-I think.

Word of the Day: Directions. Did you know that if you read directions, or listen to directions, then you will know what to do? It's amazing that it works out that way, but really they are very helpful, and quite handy, those directions. You expect kids to not understand this concept, and to make mistakes, but what about the parents?

No comments: