Wednesday, January 20, 2010

A Hat, Boots, a Toy, and a Dress

Day two of this wicked storm. It was crazy dark when I went to school this morning, and for most of the day. It rained and rained and rained, big fat, thick, pouring drops. There was thunder and lightening too, and I worried that we might lose power. Mostly I worried about the power loss at home, as I was cooking my dinner in my crock pot. The kids were inside all day, but they don't complain. They like it. We walked to the library in a regular monsoon, but we had to go, as we only go to the library every other week now. Thanks Mr. "Governator" for taking tons of money from CA schools. Crazy weather. Still, it was a good day.
Look at this! A little girl in my class knitted this hat for me. She used one of those knitting circle things. Isn't it adorable? Such a sweet girl.
I went to Target and bought myself some rain boots. They had some really cute black ones with colorful polka dots all over them, but they only had a size 10. These are cute though.
I went to PetSmart to find Maya some stronger toys. I found this cute pink camouflage doggie. See what she's done to it? Completely destroyed. As soon as I gave it to her, she chewed off (and ate) the label that says "squeeze me." Then she worked on a leg, and the head, pulling the stuffing out. You are probably wondering what that little white thing is. Well, that's the squeaker. It was near the tail. I have NO idea how she got it out of the head hole. Poor doggie.

You can see the doggie, intact, before she ate it. I found this dress for her at Target as well, on clearance. Isn't it cute? I could not resist it. Want to know what else I couldn't resist?
iCarly Valentines!! I do love me some iCarly! I'm going to give these to my students. They will love it.

I don't have to work tomorrow! I am going on a field trip with Riley's class. We are going to the junior college to see The Music Man. Best of all, I don't have to be at school until 11:30 am! I have the whole morning to myself (and Maya).




No comments: