Sunday, January 3, 2010

So Long Winter Break

It's official. Tomorrow I go back to work, and the boys go back to school. I guess I am ready. I figure going back tomorrow is the only way to get to summer vacation. Yeah, that will work. It was a lazy kind of day. We took Maya to puppy school. I will have you know that she is one of the smartest dogs at puppy school. You tell her to sit, she sits. You tell her to "leave it," she leaves it. She makes eye contact and is friendly with the other dogs-unlike a new dog, a pure chihuahua. Vicious little beast. The tiny thing kept trying to bite at the other dogs (all bigger than her), and she would growl too. Hysterical. Maya thought it was fun to sniff her. Anyway, Maya is a model student, but all hell breaks loose at home. Also accomplished today, a trip to Target, and then we all went out for dinner, to celebrate my birthday (which isn't until Tuesday). It was a nice day, and a good way to end two weeks off. 61 school days until Spring Break.
Maya, after puppy school. It's hard being a model student. It's just too bad that she doesn't have any toys to play with.
I worked on my puzzle. It's the "World's Smallest 1,000 Piece Puzzle." The pieces are super small, and the whole puzzle is only 17"X12".
Quinn drew this on the table at Macaroni Grill. That's a ninja. He's such a boy. Oh, and good news on the tooth front. Quinn lost the last of his front teeth yesterday. Kevin pulled it out. There was much crying and screaming-before it was pulled out. The actual removal was not a big deal at all. The tooth was hanging by one strand-it was completely backwards in his mouth. It was like a chandelier in his mouth. I'll get a picture of his new mouth tomorrow, as he's sleeping right now. His big teeth are already coming in though.

My mom and me, at Macaroni Grill. They sang the birthday song to me, in Italian. I got to have my cake, and eat it too. It was yummy. I also walked away with a Target giftcard, a Michael's giftcard, some really cute little veggie bowls that I talked my MIL out of (I can be very convincing), and a cute Mickey holding balloons-more on him TUESDAY. Yep, it was a very nice day.

No comments: