Monday, July 5, 2010

Calgary, Gophers, and a Really Big Mall

Last morning in Calgary. We walked to Tim Horton's this morning, to have some yummy donuts-there was a HUGE line. It was longer than the Starbucks line. It went fast though, and we all enjoyed our donuts. We were also in search of two picture poses for the travel scavenger hunt. We were semi successful, and had a great walk before we headed to Edmonton.
We went to Olympic Plaza. We were looking for someone feeding pigeons for the scavenger hunt. We were unsuccessful, but we did find the Olympic torch from the 1988 Calgary Olympics!
Riley liked all of the Olympic rings on the fencing. I did too.
I liked this orange thing. I am not sure what it means, but I like it. Quinn is being Michael Jackson, in case you were wondering.
Look at THIS! This is the ceiling inside the Chinese Cultural Center in Calgary. Isn't it beautiful? I love the colors!

On the drive to Edmonton, we stopped in Torrington, at the world famous Gopher Hole Museum. It's a little museum, inside a house, in one room. There are all of these boxes (gopher holes) with scenes inside, with real dead, stuffed gophers. I loved this one the best. The hole town is all about gophers.

We got to Edmonton around 4:00 pm. We checked into the hotel, and then went to the West Edmonton Mall, to scope it out for tomorrow. We ate at the mall, at Jungle Jim's. I can't say it was the best meal of my life, but I had a really good blue pina colada type drink!

CLICK HERE if you want to see more Calgary, gophers, and the West Edmonton Mall.

No comments: