Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Cat Cuteness

Look at these...
Owen. He's almost 1 year old. Isn't he cute? He's a little stinker too.
Oh, look at that face, and you have to love the little paw.
Apparently, I am boring him. 
Let's not forget Matilda. I'm amazed I captured her with her mouth closed. She's such a talkative cat, her mouth is always moving. Doesn't she look complete bored with me as well?

These two jumped into my cart at Target the other day. They came with jelly beans. Who cares about jelly beans? They were the REGULAR kind, not the Giant Nerd variety. These two are cute though. Owen thinks so too.

Word for the day: Improvise. I was teaching a lesson today on paragraph writing. We are writing paragraphs about our favorite food. I did a sample web for them. The middle is where you put your favorite food, and then there are five bubbles off of that, one for each sense. Can you figure out what my favorite food was? Give up? Giant Nerds (of course)! Well, I just so happened to have a bag. One of my students brought a bag in for me. Turns out my student begged her mother to get the nerds so she could try them (I talk about Nerds almost as much as I talk about Target). She didn't like them, so her mom had her bring me the rest of them. As I was filling out my web as an example, it occurred to me that I could make a much bigger impression if I gave each student one-for scientific purposes. This was huge for me as I don't do ANY food in my classroom. I sacrificed today, gave them each one Nerd, and then science began!  We filled in the rest of the bubbles for each of the five senses-and they used very descriptive words too. For example, "fruity" for taste, "bumpy" for feeling, "crunchy" for sound, etc. It worked really well, and then my principal walked in the door. LMAO! That happens to me all the time! I was once showing a movie (it went with our reading unit) when my principal came in with a school board member! Good thing for me, my principal is very easy-going. 

2 comments:

Zack Attack said...

Hey I have another to match Owen. Owen would be so happy.

Anonymous said...

I love the little paw sticking out..I just wanted to grab it :)