Friday, March 20, 2009

Julie's Day Off

Anyone know what I did today? Anyone? Anyone? I took the day off-just like Ferris Bueller! I did things that I like to do. Nice.
I started off at Valley Fair Mall. I leisurely strolled through Nordstrom, before I entered the mall. Hit the brakes here-screeeeeech.  I realized a little too late that the damn shops didn't open until 11:00 am. It was 10:25 am. Stupid economy. That's ok, because I walked on down to Macy's. That's where I spied that "lovely" up there. I was very tempted, but figured it was not a good outfit for yard duty. You will be happy to know that they also had it in blue, but that picture blurred. Poop. Good news though, Macy's had A LOT of them left, so you can all run up there and get one. I just don't see why they are not selling. ;-)
I got a new skin for my iPhone. Isn't it cute? I just love monkeys, and this is Paul Frank's Julius.
I walked across the street to Santana Row, to visit the Anthropologie there. Isn't that window pretty?

I also headed over to Ikea. I needed some containers with lids for Legos. I think those are hippos in the picture. I don't know. I liked their colors.

Word for the day: Enjoyable. It was nice to have a day to myself. I didn't have to run around all day, organizing stuff, redirecting children, correcting, redirecting students, winding up the week, prepping for next week, etc. My only responsibility today was to pick the boys up from school, and take Quinn to baseball practice. That would have been easy if the coach had not decided that the moms needed to help the T-ballers field, at said baseball practice. Do you know how hard it is for one to tell a small kid where they are supposed to throw for the out? Harder than you think! First you have to get them to get up off the ground (you know, from rolling around), then you have to get them to understand their NAME when you call them 20 times, to get their attention, then you have to remind the runner to run while the first baseman chases the ball, along with his backup. All the while, the coach is calling out directions. Let's just say I am dropping him off at practice next time. 

No comments: