Wednesday, March 11, 2009

I Made My Fake Tin Necklace!

Well, I used my "fake" candy tin and created my own necklace. Here it is...
What do you think? In the book, they used chain to hang the tin. I used ribbon. I thought it wouldn't bang around so much. There's nothing I hate more than an annoying noise.
Here's my tin as compared to the one in the book.

A closer look at the book tin for you. I don't like the lid of my "fake" tin. The one in the picture is better, it closes inside the tin, and mine closes over the tin, making it hard to open and close.

Word for the day: Converted. I thought I hadn't converted anyone, but alas, I did! Sheri, my facebook/real friend, and a parent of a student in my class-a very fine student I might add-came in today to stuff my Wed. folders. When she arrived, she carried with her a bag of Giant Nerds. She handed them to me, telling me she didn't want to spend money on a whole bag in case she didn't like them-she doesn't like sour. I told her she would change her mind. I agreed to open the bag and if she didn't like them, I would take them off of her hands. At first, it looked like she would dislike them (I know, GASP!), but the Nerds won! And yes, we did eat Giant Nerds in front of the students. Look at it as a perk for being adults. Well, guess who went home with her bag of Nerds? Here's a hint, it wasn't me!! Just addicting my friends, one Giant Nerd at a time.


1 comment:

Sheri said...

ok ok....Um, check out today's posting....