Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Ikea Loot

I went to Ikea last Friday, on my day off. I had a gift card, from my birthday, thanks to my sister in law and her family. I got Riley some bins to put his Legos in (we are brimming with Legos in this house-hey, I have 2 boys, 2 of them!)
See what else I got? The big pink bag, with blue handles, is perfect for my shopping trips-I don't use plastic anymore. See that small pink bag? A couple of Ikea trips back, I got blue and green bags for the boys. They were out of pink at that time, but NOT THIS TIME! Lucky me! Yay! I also got a very fragrant candle-almost too fragrant. It may need to find a new home, in the bathroom, as it makes me sneeze-everything makes me sneeze these days. Must see doctor. Anyway, I digress. I also got some little white vases, because they are so cute. The best thing of all though? Those crocheted flowers! Look at them!

Just look! Aren't they cute? They come in a package of five, for $2.99! $2.99 I tell you! Run to Ikea and get some! They even come with matching string to attach them. I'm not sure what I will attach them to yet, but they are pretty darn cute. They would be cute on a pillow, or on a blanket, or for use in a craft. I don't know. Martha Stewart would know immediately, but since I am not her, and she is not here, you will have to wait until I figure it out.  You know I will share that information with you!

Word for the day: Cough! Almost all of my students are coughing up lungs (except for Neil, Sheri-thanks for that-hope it lasts!). It is so distracting. It's noisy, and they don't always cover their mouths. My throat feels scratchy just thinking about it. We have to clean every surface. I can't wait until this cold and flu season ends. Yuck. Lucky for me, my immune system is pretty good, so I don't always catch their colds. I wash my hands a lot.

No comments: