Thursday, March 19, 2009

More signs of Spring!

You may think I'm obsessing, but I really am excited about Spring. You know why? It is one season closer to Summer! I personally love Summer.
This is my Wisteria-at least that's what I assume it is. As I told you, I am not that familiar with plants. I try. It is just starting to bloom. This is the biggest bloom. I'll take a picture when the plant/tree/bush/vine gets really big-it fills our trellis, and then dies a horrible, ugly death. It is already really fragrant-made me sneeze. That's the only drawback to Spring-allergies. Right now, they are kicking my butt.
This is some little Japanese maple kind of bush. I thought it was dead. Apparently, it was sleeping. I'm glad, because I like this one. It's by my front door, so I get to look at it every day.
I really have no idea what this one's called. I should, I have it here, in the backyard, and also in the front yard. I have a thing for purple flowers. Anybody know what this is called? Anyone? Anyone?
New shoes on green grass. Yes, Michelle, these are my pity shoes from the Saturday I gave up for math. They are Keens and very comfortable.

So while Spring is in full bloom outside, this poor guy is inside, doing homework.

Word for the day: Surprise! My class and I gave our student teacher a surprise baby shower today. And, I do mean surprise! Can you believe that 19 children kept a secret since Monday? I was very proud of them. We played the game where you can't say "baby." Hysterical. I also gave them a ball of clay and had them create babies-notice I didn't say "make babies." Erica got some nice things. I love the kids in my class, and their awesome parents-especially you, Sheri! They really are a supportive group.

1 comment:

Sheri said...

AHHH....GEEE....hee hee hee....