Thursday, March 12, 2009

They're Heeerrre!

Did you catch my Poltergeist reference in the subject line? I love that movie! Look what the mailman brought today!
My "real" tins are here! I got a very nice note from Chemical Evolution (where I ordered them). I was able to open them up quite quickly. The taste of the candy itself is kind of interesting. One flavor is cream soda and the other is berry lemonade. They are fizzy tasting, because they are carbonated candy. Very interesting. I love the tin though-a much better lid.
How do you like how I posed them for this shot? The inside of each lid says something. The cream soda tin says, "Life's a drink, suck it up." Clever! The berry lemonade says, "You're the one."-Kelly from Home. I don't know who Kelly is, or what Home with a capital "H" means. Anyone? Anyone? Oh well, I still love the tins and the candy is very interesting. 

This is the winner! I will be wearing "Pink Slip Pink" tomorrow. Show your support of teachers tomorrow by wearing pink. If you live around here, there's a march at 3:30 pm from La Pinata to the office of Alberto Torrico. 

Word for the day: Miscommunication. I enjoyed a huge miscommunication today when I was told that a meeting scheduled for next week, was rescheduled for today. The other teacher and I looked like big dorks when we arrived at the school and realized there wasn't a meeting today, and it is, in fact, next week. Grrrr! Meanwhile, I had also figured out a plan to get Quinn to baseball practice on time (seeing as I thought I had a meeting to attend). I had to call to change the plans-what a dork I am. Thanks for being flexible Michelle! She still picked Quinn up so he could play with Zack before practice. Luckily the meeting was to take place at the school where my boys attend, so I just picked them up from extended care-Quinn went to play and Riley is home with me, doing his homework. He's such a good boy. Oh and he has a birthday on Sunday! He'll be 11.

*When I checked the link to Chemical Evolution, the first candy that pops up is "Crackheads." I kid you not. I wonder what's in that candy? Looks like some sort of coffee candy to me.

No comments: