Saturday, March 14, 2009

Last day of 10

Riley's birthday is tomorrow. He'll be 11. Today is his last day of being 10. I really can't believe that. It seems like just last week we brought him home from the hospital, wondering where to put him. 
Such a cute picture. He always seems nervous when we take his picture, and then the smile looks funny. Here's some advice, say the word "underwear" or "boogers," over and over again until your child starts to crack up, then snap the picture. I am sure Riley thinks I'm nuts. He's not that far off the mark.

Speaking of nuts, who is this crazy? 

Word of the day:  Math. I spent the ENTIRE day at training for our district's new math program. It was a lot to digest, and I am not really a fan of this program. I was a pilot teacher. My other colleagues and I voted for a different program. We lost, by one vote. Sucks. Anyway, this is a program unlike anything else. I'm hoping my district knows what they are getting into for the next 7 years. I am going to give it a try, and try to really take it in. It has a component which is focussed on games. That's actually pretty cool. I liked a lot of the games. My concern is with the bones of the program and how the concepts are delivered. I am going to embrace it though. Maybe I'll be surprised.

1 comment:

Gramma Bonnie said...

Happy Birthday to Riley..I remember the day he was born as if it were yesterday....can't believe he is 11..see you at dinner..:)