Friday, March 27, 2009

Friday At Last

It seemed like it would never become Friday, but here we are! 
Obviously Owen feels the release of a stressful week. Did he have a student take 7 minutes to staple 3 pieces of paper together? 

You might be assuming I have changed my blog to a food blog. I haven't. This is for tomorrow night. Riley is celebrating his birthday by having 4 boys over to spend the night. We are going to see Monsters Vs. Aliens, have pizza for dinner, and then hopefully they will all sleep. Ha! I guess I can hope. Maybe I should spike their treats with Benadryl. Stop! I won't do that. Of course I wouldn't do that, well most likely I won't. ;-)

Word for the day: Sad. Today marks the 4th anniversary of my grandmother's death. We had a very close relationship while I was growing up. She lived with us, so I saw her everyday. I miss her terribly. It's also sad because today the city of Oakland, CA had the funeral for the four police officers who were shot last weekend. The coverage of it, on the news, has been so sad. I really can't comprehend what their families must be going through. The service looked like it was very nice, with police officers representing all 50 states, and Canada. Amazing. The processions of police going to and from the service were very impressive. If you know a police officer, hug him or her, and thank them for doing such a difficult job.

1 comment:

Zack Attack said...

mmmmmmm Mug rootbeer my favorite.