Monday, April 20, 2009

Back in the Saddle Again!

Today was my first day back from Spring Break. It was a rather pleasant day. I got to see my students and friends. The kids were really quiet today. They seem well rested, and ready to put a close to this school year. We have state testing starting next week. They are ready. I am ready.
I got this book yesterday, at Jo-Ann's. I had a 50% coupon! Look at how yummy that necklace is on the cover. I love it! There are lots of cool "green" crafts in this book. Some I can do with the boys, and some I can do with my students.
I LOVE this! I feel like I want to go back right now, fight with my sewing machine, and make one! Aren't they super cute-the dolls, not the finger puppet thingys?
After school today, I visited Crazy 8.  If you haven't been there, you should go! I hate my mall with a passion. I don't shop there, unless I need to make a quick Macy's trip or I want to go to Crazy 8-my shopping at JCPenney yesterday, was at Stoneridge Mall. Anyway, I digress, Crazy 8 is a clothing store for kids (sizes baby to 14) by the Gymboree company, but lots cheaper. The clothes are so cute too! I stopped in today to see what they had, and I left with a bunch. The 3 shirts above are for Riley.
These shorts are also Riley's. I have a fascination with plaid shorts-mostly for my boys. Good thing they don't really care WHAT they wear, so I get to pick things out for them, and they wear them, happily.

Quinn's clothes are so tiny, they fit in one shot. As you can tell, I really liked the yellow shirt and the darker plaid shorts. I got them for both boys. No, I won't have them wear them on the same day. I've never been a fan of the dress them exactly alike thing. It has happened, but I am generally not a fan. Quinn's brown shirt says, "The Amazing Flying Pig Bros." What can I say, it spoke to me.

Anyway, if you have a Crazy 8 near you, run there, now. All shorts are $9.99, and shirts are $7 if you buy two or more. If not, check the link above, maybe you could order online!! Oooooh!

Word of the Day: HOT! It was about 92 degrees here today. Crazy (hahaha) hot for April! Maybe my word should have been "crazy" as I seem to have a theme going. Anyway, it was hot, and we had a fire drill, and it took a long, long time, and it was hot. It's nice to have short sleeve weather, and not have to worry about a jacket at all, but it's a little early for me. It's supposed to rain by the end of the week.

1 comment:

Just Joey said...

Julie! I love your blog! You're so right about the corny matchy matchy brother looks - I HATE that! I also want to look into your so cute lunch bag thingies you got from Etsy... how did they look after school?