Sunday, April 19, 2009

New Projects on the Horizon

It's my last day of Spring Break. It's a little sad, but not so bad. Only 9 weeks until summer! 
I went to JC Penney today. They were having a sale, and I needed short sleeve shirts. I got 6 shirts, and a pair of really wild plaid shorts-see them over there, on your left? Very colorful assortment of shirts. The purple one (behind that shocking blue one) is for school-purple is our school color.
Here's my next project. Baby Booties. I got this off the internet. I googled "tutorial for baby booties," and this one came up. I have two babies to make some for-both girls. It looks really simple.
Here's a closer look. Cute huh? 

I'm also going to make some more of these. They are reusable snack and sandwich bags. I ordered them from etsy, from WasteNot Saks. I love them. They look easy enough to make myself. We are going to send them to school with the boys tomorrow-trying to get away from using the plastic containers, which are bulky. These bags are nylon on the inside, so they should wipe out easily, and they can also be washed in the washing machine. 

Word of the day: Kindness. Someone displayed a random act of kindness toward me today. I was in line this afternoon at JC Penney, waiting to pay for my rainbow of shirts, and a lady walked over to me and gave me a coupon for an additional 20% off (Friends and Family flyer). Isn't that awesome? I thanked her all over the place. So very nice of her. It saved me $20 too! There are kind people out there. Now it's my turn to do a good turn. 

No comments: