Saturday, April 25, 2009

Baseball Saturday

Just a typical Saturday for us. Other then the fact that most of us are extremely tired from the middle of the night vomit session (Riley, THREE times!), it really was a nice day. How bad can a Saturday be, right? Riley feels much better. I'm thinking it may have been something he ate. It's a mystery. Anyway, Quinn had baseball, and a birthday party to attend. Riley was pretty low-key at home, but felt well enough to go to the scout shop to get supplies for his camping trip next weekend. You can thank me later for sparing you the vomit pictures. No, I didn't take any-gross.
Quinn played catcher again today. He's so cute in all of the gear. It's really giant, and hard for him to move in, but he seems to like it. He likes everything about baseball.
He got to bat two times today-that's pretty usual. They play 4 innings. The coaches have just started to pitch to them. They get four pitches, and if they don't hit it, then they get to hit it off the tee. Quinn hit both times today, from the coach pitch! Pretty good hits too! Look at his form!
Saaaawingggg, batter, batter! I think he missed this pitch, but he hit one soon after.
Here he is, after his hit, at first base, giving Coach Ray a "five." You should see how fast Quinn runs. He's a lot faster then he was last year. He has a very low center of gravity, so he can really run. No pictures of fielding today, but there was lots of ladybug gathering today! That's one of the things they do on the field. Pick grass, look for ladybugs, roll around on the grass. It's hysterical. One boy on the team, got his mother's attention on his way to the dug-out, telling her, "Mom, guess what? I caught a ladybug!" Maybe that's why they are red and black-so they can be one with the ladybugs.

I made a trip out to Valley Fair this evening. I had a coupon which was good only for today. I got both of these bags. The black one is LeSportsac. I love LeSportsac! The bags are durable, clean easily, and come in some really great prints. The yellow one in Marc Ecko, and it was on the clearance table-how could I not leave without it?

Word of the day: Cold! I have to say that I am tired of being cold and I am tired of the freakin' wind. I know I don't have it nearly as bad as you folks who live with snow, and below zero weather, but come on! It's California! The weather needs to start acting like it's supposed to! Where is the warmth? When will I be able to wear my capri pants comfortably, without freezing my toes? The beginning of last week it was 90 degrees. Today, it didn't get any higher than 60 degrees. Extreme California weather, I guess.

No comments: