Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Some Wednesday Stuff

A friend of mine has a beautiful necklace with birds on it. Actually, she has two beautiful bird necklaces. Both of them came from Anthropologie. I love them so much, I decided to recreate them myself.
This is kind of like one of my friend's necklaces. I'm happy with the way it turned out. I have another one to make, modeled after my friend's second bird necklace.
Sorry for the blur. I'm trying to figure out how to take up close pictures, of small objects, without the blur. I have been unsuccessful. I need a photography class. Trust me when I tell you, this necklace is really cute. I'm very happy with it. I'll try to get a picture of my friend's necklace so you can compare the two.
At school, my Flat Stanleys are up-thanks Sheri! We completed a huge project with Flat Stanley. Flat Stanley is a character from a book. He becomes flat when a bulletin board falls on him, thus hilarity ensues. Each of my students made a Stanley, and they were to mail him off somewhere, and the host was to take him around, write us a letter, and send pictures/postcards from where they live. It becomes a big geography lesson. 

Most of my Stanleys did not go very far, but a few made it out a little further into the world. They turned out really cute, and the kids loved learning about all of the places.

Word of the day: Productive. I got my copying finished for the week we return from vacation. My classroom is nice and clean as I am Spring cleaning. I got one necklace finished. I got Easter stuff finished. I updated this blog before 10 pm (my time).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I see my Flat Stanley :) Yeahhh.....

riksu said...

Does Flat Stanley still travel? We'd like to show him Kaltenkirchen - or if it's more interesting: Hamburg.
He'd love it! :)