Wednesday, April 29, 2009

BIG Bracelets

I was home early today from school. We get out early every Wednesday, but today I left when the kids did. I had to. Quinn was home sick with Kevin today. Kevin had wanted to go in to work when I got home. Didn't happen. You see, he was home in the first place because he was barfing his lungs out at 4:15 this morning. When I got home, a little before 2:00 pm, the barfing started all over again. He is not a happy boy. Poor guy. He can't keep anything down. His stomach constantly hurts. He missed his baseball game too. He'll stay home tomorrow as well. I have a sub for tomorrow, but I will go in, first thing, to give the last part of our Lang. Arts test (STAR tests-state mandated), then I will come home. Since I was home today, early, I made up some more button bracelets. 
My mom wanted one is pinks and greens. I made two of them. She chose the top one. I like that one too. She especially liked the color of the bracelet itself. It's copper. I like the bottom bracelet as well. It has an Amy Butler button ( a scrapbooking embellishment) on it, as well as that sweet bird, which is also a scrapbooking embellishment.
Up close of my mom's bracelet. It's all pinks, greens, browns and a little white.
Up close of the other one. Pinks, greens, gray and white, on a silver bracelet.
I also made this one. I liked these colors. Nice, bright colors.

These are what the bracelet forms look like, before buttons. I am really liking the one with fewer gluing pads. I can use bigger buttons, or small buttons. The top two are great for smaller buttons only. The gold is really, really gold for me. I am more of a silver girl, although I do have some gold, and my wedding ring is gold. 

Word of the Day: Tired. I have been up since 4:15 this morning (dark o'clock). Once we got everything and everybody cleaned up, it was almost 5 am. For me, once someone wakes up feeling sick, or worse, starts throwing up, I just can't go back to sleep. Too worried I guess. I got up to check on Quinn, and he was wide awake too. I asked him if he wanted to watch some TV with me, on the couches. He did, so he and I watched "Lilo and Stitch," on Disney Channel at 5 in the morning. It has been a long day. I am sure I will be asleep on the couch very soon, and I am hopeful that Quinn will sleep well tonight.

1 comment:

Sheri said...

cute bracelets! So sorry that Quinn is still sick...THANK YOU so much for your dedication to the kids...I know we don't thank teachers enough...but, thanks for going in and proctering their test....