Thursday, April 16, 2009

Wicked!

As you know, especially if you have been on Facebook, that my mom and I went to see "Wicked" in San Francisco last night. It was AWESOME! I left the show feeling so bummed that I can't sing to save my life! Oh how I wish I could sing. At least someone can, and sing they did! It was AWESOME! Just AWESOME!
This giant poster/sign is hanging on the back of the theatre.
The Orpheum is right on Market Street, near the Civic Center. It was a hustle and bustle of trolley cars, buses, people, and emergency vehicles-loud emergency vehicles.
We stood in the entry, waiting to go inside. We were very early. We took BART. It wasn't so bad. There was a train very soon after we got to the station, and we got right into the city. The exit is right in front of the theatre, so it was pretty easy. It wasn't even so bad going home. We had to wait, but we were able to sit-as opposed to having to stand until seats freed up. We transferred, and were able to sit again! Easy peasy.
Here's my mom and I. No, I am not pregnant. It was quite windy, and I think the wind got under my shirt, making me appear pregnant, but I assure you, I am not. The nice security guard took this picture for us. He had a really cool bright orange jacket. 

Look at the ceiling in the entry way. Pretty huh? You should have seen the ceiling inside the theatre. I wanted to take a picture, but they have these guys running all over the place with little signs that say, "absolutely no photography." I am a rule follower, but the guy next to us? Not so much. It was a great, great, excellent show! The young girl sitting next to me really smelled badly, but I overcame that, and still enjoyed the show. What? She did. Just saying. If you get a chance, you should see the show! It is AWESOME! Patty Duke played Madame Morrible at our show. She's so tiny. The two girls who play the witches, have amazing voices! It's just such a great show. Go see it for yourself! I am buying tickets today, to see it again!

Word for the day: Bowling. We are headed out for lunch and bowling today, with friends.

No comments: