Saturday, April 18, 2009

I Finished My Bag!

Today was filled with baseball and sewing. Quinn had a game this morning. It was rather warm outside. It was nice. We came home and I finished my bag. Sounds super easy huh? Read on.
Here's the pattern I used. Directions were pretty clear. I was a little confused in a couple of places, but after I read and reread, I figured it out.
Here is the finished product! I'm very happy with it. It's HUGE, and it has lots of pockets. I love pockets.
A closer look. I can't take credit for the color combination. It's the exact combination from the inside flap of the pattern. I liked the colors, and I wanted one just like the picture. I'm going to load my crap into it and see how it works. Warning: the next paragraph is filled with not so nice language as I unload my frustrations. I apologize in advance.

This is the biggest bitch on earth. I am convinced she is the devil in disguise. I would have had my bag finished at 8 tonight, but Nooooooo! My machine had other ideas. The bobbin kept getting all messed up. It wouldn't stitch. It would stop stitching. It would get all tangled on the back. I would start to top stitch and then just before the end, it would crap out. I have never had to rip out so many seams in my life. Piece of crap. I am throwing her out the window. I have a new machine, a nice machine, a machine that is going to be my friend. I just didn't want to try to figure out the new machine on my last two steps. I finally got the bitch to cooperate, and I got my bag finished. The End.

Word for the day: Dickey's. Ever been to Dickey's BBQ? It's pretty yummy. We had dinner there tonight. Kids eat free on Sundays-yes we know that tomorrow is Sunday. We wanted to eat there tonight. Plus I needed more interfacing, and the Jo-Ann's is right there. The only thing that pisses me off is that they have a side called, "baked potato casserole." It's mashed potatoes. Why can't they just call it by what it is? Irritates me every time, and I always ask for mashed potatoes, and they always ask, "Do you mean the baked potato casserole?" Yeah, whatever.  Ok, I'm gonna go now and get out of this potty mouth, pissy mood I'm in. It's that sewing machine's fault. At least my bag is finished, and I love it!

1 comment:

Gramma Bonnie said...

so when your machine does what it was doing, you need to adjust the bobbin ..play with the dial and I usually rewind the thread on another bobbin..my expensive machine does this too from time to time..just a little tweaking usually fixes the job..:)