Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Stanford

I HAD to go to Macy's at Stanford today. They had a blouse I really wanted, and I liked it, but it was silk. I just don't think silk figures into my wardrobe, so I left it there instead. We did make it to Sprinkles though, a cupcake store at Stanford Shopping Center. See Michelle?
4 cupcakes at a cost of $13.00. That's kinda pricey. Here are the flavors: Chocolate with red dot is chocolate and marshmallow, white with red dot is red velvet (that's MINE), chocolate sprinkles is peanut butter and chocolate, and the white with chocolate sprinkles is black and white. Quinn didn't like his peanut butter cupcake. I tasted it, it's OK. None of the rest of us have tried our cupcakes yet.
Since we were in the neighborhood, we illegally parked, and visited Stanford University. It's so pretty. Riley has decided that he wants to go to school here. I told him, "get a scholarship."
This is Stanford Memorial Church. Kevin and I got married here on November 11, 1995. Ahh, memories. 
Quinn is just too cool for this picture. I swear the boy cannot just smile for a picture. It's always a full on pose. 

What's he doing now? He looks terrified. Riley has the silly smile thing down. The rest of our Stanford pictures? You guessed it, Flickr.

Word for the day: Wicked! My mom and I are going to see "Wicked" tonight in SF. We are so excited. We are taking the stupid BART. I really really hate BART. I think it's way too expensive. I hate to transfer, and I hate that after the show it will be so crowded trying to get on a train, that there won't be anyplace to sit. Oh well, at least we are going green. I scoped out the area yesterday, when I was in the city. The one parking garage is kind of far away, and it's not the best area to be walking in. Plus, there are only 40 spaces. We didn't want to chance not being able to find street parking, so we are taking BART.  I will match the "Wicked" colors tonight. My outfit is black and white, with a splash of green. I'm not trying to be a "Wicked" geek, but that is my favorite color green. If I look like a geek, so be it. I'll defy gravity too-little bit of "Wicked" humor.

No comments: