Sunday, April 26, 2009

Fun Stuff and a Popsicle Stick Emergency

Sundays. I love them and I hate them. Great day for resting, getting things done or playing. I hate them because they symbolize the end of my weekend. Good news though, we get another weekend in 5 short days!
The day was spent looking at Pokemon videos on YouTube-not by me, by the boys. I guess it is wild, wild fun. I tried to watch, but I am just not a fan of that animated cartoon sound, especially if Disney did not have anything to do with it. The boys like it though, and spend a lot of time looking up these videos, or Lego videos on YouTube.
I got some "me" time today. I went to two quilt stores. Once shall remain nameless as they and their unfriendly staff SUCK! I wanted some help with color matching. You know how you can tell when someone doesn't really want to help you? Yeah, I got that feeling, so I left. They had a beautiful Amy Butler print, but it's not as if I can't find that print on the internet. Anyway, after that, I went to The Granary. It is like night and day from the nameless one. They were so thrilled to help me-and they liked my bag-well, Anna Maria Horner's Bag! They even wrote down the website to order some patterns for their shop. The lady was super helpful, and I left with all of the above fabric, plus a pattern. I'm working on something, which is top secret right now. Pictures to come soon.
I bet you were wondering about my popsicle emergency. Here it is. I have all of these "craft sticks," which is what Michael's calls popsicle sticks. I have a box of them. I was taking them back to school-needed some for a scout activity-and the box fell over in the back of the car. Popsicle sticks everywhere! I went to clean the popsicle sticks up this afternoon. Had to put the back row of seats up to get to the jillion that fell between. Did you know that 1,000 of those suckers come in a box? Yep. I have no idea HOW they were in the box. I just know that I can't fit all of them back INTO the box. Many are loose in one of my red Target bags. I'll figure it out at school. I got them all picked up, put the box behind the seat, and then...

proceeded to knock the freakin' box over! Popsicles sticks everywhere AGAIN. I said a not so nice word, as I was alone (well, except for the neighbor, but he was vacuuming his car), and then had to pick up all 1,000 of them (minus those that remained in the Target bag) from the ground. Do you know how hard it is to pick up popsicle-er "Craft" sticks off the ground? The wind was blowing my hair all over my eyes, they were sticking to the cement, etc. It was a big pain in the ass, but alas, I got them up. You will be happy to know that the box is nice and secure, deep in the Target bag, so that this emergency does not occur again.

Word of the day: Presents. It's Kevin's birthday on Tuesday. We are going to have dinner with the family at "On The Border." The boys are so excited about their gift to their dad-they got him "LIFE," only it's the Indiana Jones version. I'm thinking they wanted it more then Kevin, but they picked it out, and that's what is important.

No comments: