Friday, April 24, 2009

Bubbles!

Ahhhh, can you hear that? It's the sound of Friday afternoon. Love it! It's the best feeling in the world. We have the whole weekend ahead of us. There's baseball. Quinn has a party to go to. Riley has camping supplies to buy for his scout camp next weekend. I have a jewelry party to attend on Sunday afternoon.  We are also celebrating Kevin's birthday Sunday evening, with the family. I love the weekends.
When Quinn got home from school, he wanted to test out his new bubble wand. It runs on one battery. It's pretty cool. It blows lots and lots of bubbles.
I like this picture of Quinn. He looks so darn cute.
Goodbye bubbles, goodbye!

I like the way the bubbles look in front of these plants. 

Word of the Day: Tanbark. Brand new tanbark was delivered to our school playground today, in the form of 6 BIG piles. It's so nice the way maintenance drops off the tanbark and then don't come back to spread it all out, until a week later, when it no longer needs to be spread out. No, it's more fun to have the kids all in it, getting it all over, getting it in the eyes of others, spilling it out of the playbox. Brilliant.  That mountain of new tanbark is a kid magnet. They want to run up to the top of it. They want to kick it. They want to toss it. They want to bury themselves in it. I told my class before they went out for recess, to stay away from it. I explained that they WILL want to climb it, kick it, throw it, and get buried in it, but to resist the temptation. Instead, I encouraged them to stand at the outside of the playbox and watch the other students get in trouble, which they did, and which they seemed to enjoy. I enjoyed the fact that I didn't have yard duty at that spot today.

No comments: