Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Booties and Beyond!

Day 2: Back from Spring Break. Today was just as enjoyable as yesterday. I have a nice little class. We are busy getting ready for state testing, and they are tolerating all that I am throwing at them, really well. Very sweet kids. Very hard workers.
I cut out all of the pieces for the baby booties I am making. How do you like my color combinations? The brown/pink set is for my student teacher's baby-she just had a baby girl last week. The other combination is for a fellow teacher's soon-to-be granddaughter -her first grandchild.
Dinner on the stove-chicken chili. This is one of my last Dream Dinners. I am so sad too. One more meal left, then I have to go again. Looking for people who want to go with me. I don't want to look like a big, friendless, dork all by myself. Any takers? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?
These are the corn bread fritters that go with the chili. They are so yummy, and easy. The whole dinner was really easy to put together. Actually, all of the dinners were very easy, and very tasty. Riley really enjoyed them. Quinn doesn't eat.

Kevin picked up the new Depeche Mode CD (sounds of the universe) for me today. I will listen to it tomorrow, during my very lengthy commute to school (it takes me a whole 3 minutes). Mr. President, do you like Depeche Mode? He does, cuz he's so hip.

Word of the Day: Target. I went to Target after school today. Quinn needed to pick out a birthday present for a party he's going to on Saturday-for a girl (I seem to be surrounded by them lately.) We got her a Littlest Pet Shop puppy, a bubble wand, and an "incredible stunt ribbon." Did I do good? Anyway, I got some other fun stuff too, but I have to share that with you tomorrow, when Administrative Professional's Day is over. Trust me, you are going to want to come back! 

2 comments:

Just Joey said...

Julie, I will totally do a dream dinners with you! I've been wanting to do it and I know Noemi would do it too - plus I'm sure I can drag a couple of other with me.

Also, please send me your nice, hardworking class next year - thanks.

Raque S said...

Who is going to be a grandma???
super cute booties!